Sunday, May 31, 2015

The Passenger

https://www.darkfuseshop.com/images/P/passenger.jpgIdgie Says:

Every now and again I pick up a book on a whim and give it a try.  A book that is not assigned to me by a publisher.  There is always the great thrill when the book turns out to be a beautiful gem hidden in the pile.  This is just such a book.
 
This book gripped me immediately into his arms and never let go until the very last devastating page. 
Ronald's way with lyrical prose is brilliant - I mentioned before that several times I lost what was actually happening in parts of the story because I was so busy just "listening" to the words that were leaping out at me.  

But the story itself is mysterious and haunting.  When the end of the book finally nears and you discover why this man with no past, no memories and a deep fear of knowing is the way he is, you feel the pain and horror right along with him. 

I won't say more as to do so would give away too much.  Needless to say you are on the edge of your seat the entire ride.  

Also, it's a given now that I have discovered this author I will be grabbing more of his books to read immediately.

 ____________________________________

Paperback: 228 pages
Publisher: Delirium Books (September 2, 2008)
DarkFuse eBooks, 2011
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1934546046
ISBN-13: 978-1934546048

A man wakes up on a Baltimore City bus with no memory of who he is, where he is going, or what has happened to him. His head is recently shaved. His clothes appear new. And written on the palm of one hand is an address…

Passenger is a haunting journey of discovery, where the protagonist stumbles through Baltimore’s crumbling streets and a collection of strangely wonderful characters in search of his identity. Yet the more he tries to uncover the mystery of his past, the more he learns it has been hidden from him for a reason.