Monday, August 22, 2022

The Ferryman

I was quite excited to read a new Justin Cronin novel, as the last one I read was a few years ago.  What I was relieved to find was that this novel is quite a bit different from The Passage series. Sometimes authors fall into a popular style/topic and remain there.  Not here though.  At first, when I read the description, I joked that it was Logan's Run but better, but it turned out to be so much more.  

I do have to admit that there were a few murky chapters where you just needed to read them through without trying to analyze what was actually going on, but as with many sci-fi novels, if you can create new worlds in your mind, this is prone to happen at times.  

No worries though, it all clarifies in the end.  A nice chunky novel to immerse yourself into another world for a while.  


#netgalley #theferryman #ballantine #randomhousepublishing #justincronin