Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Sometimes I Lie - A Review

Idgie Says:
What a twisty book!  There are so many sharp turns with unexpected developments that you stay completely on your toes the entire time.   I did see a few other reviews where readers found the ending a bit confusing, but I think part of the charm of the story is the possible uncertainty you might find at the end. 

Can we just say we are dealing with quite a few damaged people in this novel. 

The story draws you in from the first page and travels at a fast pace thereafter.  

__________________________________________________


My name is Amber Reynolds. There are three things you should know about me:
1. I’m in a coma.
2. My husband doesn’t love me anymore.
3. Sometimes I lie.

Amber wakes up in a hospital. She can’t move. She can’t speak. She can’t open her eyes. She can hear everyone around her, but they have no idea. Amber doesn’t remember what happened, but she has a suspicion her husband had something to do with it. Alternating between her paralyzed present, the week before her accident, and a series of childhood diaries from twenty years ago, this brilliant psychological thriller asks: Is something really a lie if you believe it's the truth?

  • Print Length: 272 pages
  • Publisher: Flatiron Books (March 13, 2018)
  • Publication Date: March 13, 2018
  • Sold by: Macmillan