Monday, December 26, 2016

The Marriage Lie - A Review


Idgie Says:
I always say that if you have emotion toward a character, the author did things right. This book kept me pulled in two directions the entire way.  Did I like a character or did I loath him? 

In the beginning I fell in love with Will and Iris and their marriage. Such a romantic couple.  I was wrecked when Will died in a plane crash and left this perfect union.   But then things immediately go wonky.  Within the next few days Iris starts to believe she never actually knew the man who was the love of her life.  The action and discoveries are non-stop and I found myself ripping through the pages to find the truth.  

Was Will good or bad?  Was he dead or alive?  Did he have an evil twin brother (Yes, I even went there.) 

The ending kind of left me hanging and killed me just as a little as I still was torn on my opinion of  both of the main characters in the end - that's all I can say without giving anything away.

It was a great, fast read that I was invested in from the first chapter.  I recommend this book!

_______________________________________________________________________

Paperback: 352 pages
Publisher: MIRA (December 27, 2016)

Iris and Will have been married for seven years, and life is as close to perfect as it can be. But on the morning Will flies out for a business trip to Florida, Iris's happy world comes to an abrupt halt: another plane headed for Seattle has crashed into a field, killing everyone on board and, according to the airline, Will was one of the passengers.

Grief stricken and confused, Iris is convinced it all must be a huge misunderstanding. Why did Will lie about where he was going? And what else has he lied about? As Iris sets off on a desperate quest to uncover what her husband was keeping from her, the answers she finds shock her to her very core.