Monday, December 19, 2016

Brian Panowich; Batman Costume; Domestic Violence Fundraiser - you KNOW you want to Hear more

Idgie Says:
Don't we ALL want to see Brian in a 1966 Batman Costume?  Don't we all want to help stop domestic violence against women?  Hell Yes!  So please read below and see if we can help Brian in his quest...and also to see him in that costume of course. :)
By the way, read his book - it's astoundingly good. Review up at the Dew today.

_____________________________________
Note from Brian:

Hey y'all,

Here's the thing. 
Some of you folks know me through the Fire Dept. and a lot of you know me as a novelist who has achieved a minor amount of success over the past few years. Some of you I've only met briefly while out promoting Bull Mountain, and quite a few of you are simply massive heroes of mine. But if you know me even just a little bit, it's fair to say that throughout my journey from obscurity to award-winning writer, I've taken even oppertunity that has come my way to pay my success forward. I also think its fair to say I rarely ask for a thing from anyone (outside of a bourbon neat if it's offered.) 

Well, the time has come for me to ask for a favor. Recently I've been asked by an beautiful organization here in my hometown called SafeHomes of Augusta to be a "local celebrity contestant" in an event called FAKE IT OR MAKE IT taking place on January, 27, 2017. It's a lip-sync contest based on the LL Cool J show where I'm going to make a spectacle of myself (imagine that) for a charity that dedicates themselves to helping woman escape domestic violence. 
Now, I'm not much of a joiner and I'm a terrible fund-raiser, so it's hard to believe that I even said yes, but when it comes to being able to use my small amount of notoriety to help women who need immediate help--right now, and locally--I am all in. 
I believe that doing this very thing is the reason I've received the blessings I have in my career so far, and to not do it would mean I don't deserve any of it. 

But like I said, I'm a terrible fund-raiser, and I'm way out of my element by trying to persuade anyone to throw their money at a cause simply because I believe in it, but I'm going to give it shot anyway. 

So here's the deal. 

Click on the link I'm attaching below and read a short story I wrote about how SafeHomes of Augusta has played a role in my life for a very long time and why I believe they are worth the time, money, and effort to support, and then donate a few bucks in my name. No amount is too small. Every dollar matters. That way I can help save as many lives as I can while I have the ability to do so. 

Also, I wouldn't mind winning this thing since I plan on wearing a full 1966 Adam West Batman costume, and I'd hate to think I did it in vain. 

I'm not going to bombard you with reminders and more requests, but if any of you believe there's a world out there where violence against women can be a thing of the past, like I do, then please help me get us there.

Here's the link:
Brian Panowich