Monday, September 7, 2015

Recommended Titles by Idgie

I am going to start pulling from my library once a week or so some of my favorite titles that I have reviewed in the past and give them a little shoutout.  Books do not have to be newly published to be worth a reader's time. 

To start off the end of Summer season, I have 3 dark stories for you.  All stuck with me and I recommend each one.

At The End of The Road by Grant Jerkins.  Southern Gothic Horror at it's best.  By far my favorite of his books.

Rivers by Michael Farris Smith.  Apocalyptic world view of Nature taking charge and kicking our ass.  Also a deeply southern tale.

The Cypress House by Michael Koryta.  A nice blend of superstition, supernatural, lust and crime.  Deep in the bowels of the South.

Idgie says, "Grab a copy now!"