Monday, May 3, 2010

Celebrity Night


Celebrity Night

Author: Melanie Browne

----------------------------------------

It was celebrity night at Harvey’s. They have the spiciest hot wings in town.

Bette Midler was our hostess and sat us at a table covered in plastic and grease.

Our waiter came to our table with a couple of menus and some crayons for the kids.

“I’m Elvis Presley, may I take your drink order please?”

“I thought Elvis was dead?” My daughter said flatly.

No, m’am he’s very much alive, I’m him, as you can see, I’m Elvis.”

“Did you know Elvis died on the pot?”

“I told you, I’m Elvis. I’m not dead”

We ordered the wings and Elvis brushed his arm against my bosom as he placed

the wings on the table.

“Can I get you anything else?” He asked us.

“Can we get some more blue –cheese dressing .” I asked him.

“Absolutely.”

**

“Honey, Elvis touched my boob, on purpose!” I told my husband.

“Why are you trying to make me jealous?” He grumbled.

“I’m not, I’m just saying I didn’t appreciate being felt up by some stranger claiming to be Elvis at a hot –wings joint.

“I understand.” He said, dumping his hot wings in Ranch sauce.

“Well aren’t you going to kick his ass or something?”

“Later. I promise.”

**

Elvis returned with the check and some peppermints.

“Ma’am, if you wouldn’t mind feeling out, I mean filling out this service card and dropping it into the box by the cash register out front I would surely appreciate it.”

I grabbed the card while hubby figured the tip.

**

Question # 3

“Who was your server?”

ElVIS “BOOBY FREAK” PRESLEY,I wrote in capital letters.

**

We walked toward the front when I walked back to the table

And added a few hearts, and XOXOXO.


____________________