Sunday, June 4, 2006

Idgie's back from the beach!

Hey there.... I had to be dragged, kicking and screaming, back from Gulf Shores, Alabama. But I am here and ready to get back to work.

If you held your submissions for my return, go ahead and send them my way! (I could really use some stories/info on Mississippi, Louisiana, and the Carolina's - they are severely lacking here.)

I had a great time and will shortly have two restaurant reviews - fantastic - (LuLu's and Original Oyster House) and also a write up of the conditions of the area itself... which I will say now was distressing to me.... I thought it would be much further along in it's renovations. I fear it's not lack of money, but lack of interest in battling Mother Earth again that's keeping Gulf Shores from being the hustling hive of liveliness and energy it once was.

Anywho, give me a day or two to get settled, and I'll start telling ya'll all about the places to go and places to eat!