Friday, August 5, 2005

Exciting Magazine Addition!

We are going to start reviewing books on a regular basis in the near future! A publishing company, which will remain nameless until it's a set deal, sends out books of the appropriate selection to magazines for review. Come to find out they also send out books to Online Magazines. It has been asked if the Dew would be interested in being added to the list of "Southern Subjects". To receive said books for review.

YES!

It has been mentioned that we might find ourselves deluged with books so if you are interested in sharing in the reading and review, let me know and when this starts, I will parcel the books out to the interested contributors.

I'll have to set up a section for this on the magazine!

5 comments:

Michael said...

I'm a reader and read all kinds.

Take Care
Michael

Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

Great! I wasthat the Dew would be signed up as
a Southern Magazine that reviews and I would start receiving anything
they had up for review for Southern literature.

Apparently I may become inundated with books. So if this happens as
promised, I'm gonna need help!

I guess what would happen is that I'll get a box of books and will
re-package some of them and send them out to the volunteer reviewers.

I don't know when I'll start receiving books, I was just told I was
being added to the database.

But I guess I'll start another page and link it to the Dew as the
Book Review page so it'll have it's own section.

Romani Heart said...

I'm game!! I think I've already read everything in the Hooterville library and Lord knows I can form an opinion about just about anything :)

dorothy rothschild said...

I know I'm all Yankeefied now, but I did grow up you know where and am a voracious reader of all kinds of books, but have a soft spot in my heart for Southern literature (Gawd Bless Brother Faulkner and I loved him before you did, Oprah, so there). I'd love to do some reviews if this works out.

poopie said...

Send 'em my way...I love to read.